Google Classroom Student Guide
Asking Questions on Google Classroom
Google Classroom Tutorial for Students & Parents
Uploading Photos for Assignments
DOE Student Accounts
To keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning remotely, the DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student. The account gives your child access to Google Classroom and Microsoft Office 365. They will be able to use tools such as:
- Google Drive
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
How do schools download student accounts from STARS Classroom?
- Student DOE Email accounts can be downloaded from STARS Classroom.
- These accounts will get all students into Office 365 Online
- Teachers can log in and get their own classes
- Admins can log in and get all the teachers’ accounts or select teachers’ class listings
Where do students find their account ID and password?
To retrieve your account ID and password:
- Go to Student Account Self Service
- Enter your 9-digit Student ID number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
- Enter your birthday.
- Click Continue.
- If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
- Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
How do students access Google Classroom?
To access Google Classroom:
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/
- Enter your DOE Student Username.
- Click Next.
- Enter your password.
- Click Next.
- If the username and password entered are correct, you will be signed-in successfully.
Access the Remote Learning Portal
In order to support students with remote learning, the DOE has made available a remote learning portal for all DOE students.
The remote learning portal provides quick links to online learning tools they will need, including Google Classroom and Microsoft Office. For students at schools that use Clever, a link to Clever will appear in the portal.
- Sign into the Remote Learning Portal
Student Resources for Online Learning
Please use the list of resources below as a complimentary source of material for your regular classwork.