Summer Rising Grades K-8
Summer Rising is New York City’s free school-based summer program for any City child in grades K–8. Summer Rising will integrate the strengths of DOE academics with the Department of Youth & Community Development’s (DYCD) school-based enrichment programming. Students in grades K–8 will get outside, learn, and engage with peers and caring adults in safe, supervised, and enriching ways. These programs will provide a bridge to the next school year and allow students to reconnect with one another and with their schools. Students will address unfinished learning while being provided avenues for recreation, exploration, and fun.
Request to Identify Parents on Active Duty in the Armed Forces
- Manhattan – Monday, May 24, 2021, from 6-8:30pm
- Queens – Thursday, May 27, 2021, from 6-8:30pm
- Brooklyn — Monday, June 7, 2021, from 6-8:30pm
- Bronx — Wednesday, June 9, 2021, from 6-8:30pm
Wide Open Schools Family Resources
The Wide Open School website provides learning activities for students to complete independently at home, or with their families. Activities are available in all subjects and grades, and in all languages via Google Translate. Families can use the information to do the following:
- Access an overview of the units their children are studying throughout the year, in grades K-8; high school units will be added soon.
- Engage with their child on what is taught at school;
- Find support for learning at home, like tips for keeping children focused, as well as information about using online learning tools;
- Assist with conversations at parent-teacher conferences;
- Locate afterschool activities.
Parents of Students with IEPs
IEP information in NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) is available again for families after previously being removed from the application.
By registering for a NYC Schools Account (“NYCSA”), parents and guardians can view student report card grades, attendance, class schedules, health data, assessment data, graduation and promotion status, transportation information, and authorized guardian contact information. This application can be accessed through any Internet-connected device (such as a computer or smartphone) by visiting https://mystudent.nyc, the NYCSA home page. It is available in ten languages.
Office of Family & Community Empowerment
We are excited to inform you of the upcoming series Conversation with Chancellor Meisha Porter events that FACE will be hosting in your Borough throughout the spring. We hope you will be able to join Chancellor Porter, Executive Superintendents, and leadership from the DOE in this conversation.